+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The difference between a trained German Shepherd and an instinctual Fila

1. Join Date
    May 2010

The difference between a trained German Shepherd and an instinctual Fila

The difference? I would still have my dog and you would be missing an arm.

STOLEN Schutzhund

STOLEN SCHUTZHUND DOG IN ILLINOIS/IOWA AREA=>

PLEASE keep an eye out for Hex:

Al Govednik's dog Hex was stolen from his yard this morning. He was seen put into a white / light colored van around 5:15am this morning. This was his competition dog that won the FH championship a couple of years ago. Any help would be appreciated.
    ... ...
    Dog's Name - Hex Aites Bohemia
    Titles - SchH3,IPO3,VPG3, IPO FH, RH1
    Breed/Sex - German Shepherd Dog / Male
    85 lbs. Sable male
    Sire - Xac z Pohranicni Straze
    Dam - Chayma z Pohranicni Straze
    Owner/Handler - Al Govednik
    City/State/Zip - Alpha, Illinios 61413 algovfh@yahoo.com

Here is the video that ran on the local news:

http://www.wqad.com/videobeta/

(click on "stolen dog" on the right hand side)

There is also a FaceBook page for this dog where you can find additional specific info about this dog:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/239696906081895/

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011

That is to funny. Come and steal my Brandi girl, go ahead, I dare you. HA HA HA HA HA HA If someone could take my Fila I would say ok you can have her. No way in this lifetime will she allow a stranger to survive being in her yard. Let her out and you would be seriously hurt. She is Old, and not Huge but that Fila Fire burns bright in her. Yeah right, steal my Fila. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Now that would be funny to see but NOT going to happen. Poor little arm biter dog is gone. Sorry to hear that. I guess they didn't want a personal protection dog. That is a different type of temp and different training than the Shutz. Not really my thing. I have a Fila.

3. Join Date
    May 2010

I just think it is sad...I would like to hear from those schutzhund people that say that filas arent real protection dogs and that they are only fear biters...at least they will be there after I get home from work and not in someone's van eating their cookies.

4. hmm since ive been doing schutzund 15 years and bought my first of many filas in the late 80s i probally can answer that,,working dog and i mean the ones that actually work arent selected for there fear factor even tho some are menacing to say the least,thats kind of rare.out of the 30 plus guys an gals in our club i cant think of one that would bite you just because your to close not one,now put the sleave on an all thirty plus probally are going to run you down, that would be considered good.take the sleave off and the same dogs would walk right thru a crowd of people.filas for most schutzund people seem to be mostly out of control ,that would be considered bad.a fila that could do schutzund work and also maintain his reputation of what you understand and like about them probally would be a legend in the sport.in other words a good schutzund dog has to show complete control over his or her every action on the field and that usually transfers to at home in your backyard or in pet smart.my bouvier goes to any pet store that allows them to come in no problem at all ,one lady wanted to use him for a pillow an he probally would let her.consider a pro athelete say football linebacker ,you put on the uniform of the team there about to play and you might get slammed to the ground on the field,but what if your in k mart with your favorite team jersy on your probally pretty safe at least i hope,schutzund is a sport an is maintained as such by the purest ,thats not going to chance.will a schutzund dog bite you for invading is space ,,anything is posible ,but most likely not unless you look like the last guy who aggitated him or her and most likey your going to have to be wearing a sleave.would my bouvier bite you ,certainly if i used the same words that i use on the field,because thats part of the trigger .a gun laying on the table in your backyard is not going to stop a tresspasser and that was what the sheperd was a loaded gun laying on the table ,with no one to pull yhe trigger.by contrast a fila is more like a loaded gun that shoots by itself and thats what some people want when they get these dogs .the hardest thing for me to teach my fila was to watch the sleave not the closest body part and to be honest i am not sure he will ever be that focused on a sleave, more likely a stalker looking for an opportunity, but thats what i like about him an thats not going to change,i like tuff dogs an that he is .dont get me wrong my bouvier is a tuff dog as well but just in a way that is so disiplined that there is a chance that someone could walk off with him as well,,as long as there not wearing a sleave,then hes downright scarry i promise you.my fila on the other hand yields a promise as well,, that if he catches you in his space or your space for that matter your going to get bit an thats a guarantee..

5. Join Date
    May 2010

alpha, I agree. what I was saying is that the schutzhund people always say crap like...Filas are fear biters, not real protection....they are a bag of nerves that should be put down.
    To me I always get heated because I can see the two for what they are and I know that the gsds have a purpose and the filas have a purpose but one exels where the other doesnt...like you said I will never walk into a store with my fila only because I like my house and I dont want to sign it over to anyone in a law suit but on the flip side no one is stealing my dog or bribing it with a cookie w/o getting their face rearranged.

+ Reply to Thread